SKINS COMPRESSION FOR SOCCER
Soccer is a high-energy, dynamic sport that requires endurance, speed, and precision. When playing Soccer, you use three key muscle groups: your calf muscles, quadriceps, and glutes. And there a few things to be aware of when you hit the pitch, such as energy loss through increased vibrations in the muscles, sluggish performance due to inefficiencies in flushing waste products, muscle tears, and lack of thermo-regulation of your muscles.
Through studies and research, it’s been proven that wearing SKINS during an activity such as Soccer can improve performance in several ways. SKINS support your muscles and assist you with dynamic movements. Due to the wrapping of the muscles (and the support), it reduces muscle oscillation. Muscle oscillation is the muscle movement that happens when vibrations occur as your foot hits the ground. SKINS also helps performance with assisting blood flow by applying the correct amount of pressure to your veins. Because blood flow is accelerated, it means more oxygen is delivered to active muscles. More blood flow and oxygen mean waste products like lactic acid (the stuff that makes you sore the next day) are flushed more efficiently from your muscles.
WHAT TO WEAR AND WHY
Fun fact: The SKINS POWERSHORT was developed with an international rugby team. They provide strong support for the hamstrings and glutes, allowing players to be quicker in the first 4 seconds of the sprint. Applying that same premise to Soccer will provide the player with an advantage on the field.
SHOP SOCCER PERFORMANCE PIECES
#1 RULE: RECOVERY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS PERFORMANCE.
Without recovery, there is no performance. Your muscles get broken down every time you step on the pitch, and if you don’t allow yourself to recover properly, you put yourself at risk of injury. Recovery is about applying the correct amount of pressure to passive muscles. This is why the graduated compression levels we apply to the working muscles with our performance garments are different from our recovery garments. These muscles need the correct compression to help with the flow of oxygen, which accelerates repair.
- Wear your SERIES-5 or SERIES-3 Travel & Recovery Long Tights for at least 3-5 hours post-run. If you can leave them on for longer, do it!
- Improve your performance, in bed. Wear your SERIES-5 or SERIES-3 Travel & Recovery Long Tights during sleep.
- If you're unable to get your Travel & Recovery Long Tights on straight away (post-run) use the SERIES-3 Calf Tights or Socks until you can wear your Long Tights.
- When travelling to and from competition wear your SERIES-5 or SERIES-3 Travel & Recovery Long Tights AND your SERIES-1 Arm Sleeves.
- If it's not practical to wear your Travel & Recovery Long Tights, put on your SERIES-3 Calf Tights or Socks.