SKINS COMPRESSION FOR ROAD RUNNING
WHAT TO WEAR AND WHY
Calves, Quads & Glutes
Reduced muscle oscillation.
Quads & Glutes
Maximise output for medium-high intensity activities.
CALF TIGHTS OR SOCKS
Support and stabilise the lower leg for reduced injury risk.
LONG SLEEVE TOPS OR ARM SLEEVES
Increased awareness of limb placement to train for longer.
SHOP ROAD RUNNING PERFORMANCE PIECES
#1 RULE: RECOVERY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS PERFORMANCE.
Without recovery, there is no performance. Your muscles get broken down when you run, and if you don’t allow yourself to recover properly, you put yourself at risk of injury. Recovery is about applying the correct amount of pressure to passive muscles. This is why the graduated compression levels we apply to the working muscles with our performance garments are different from our recovery garments. These muscles need the correct compression to help the flow of oxygen, which in turn, accelerates repair.
– Wear your Travel & Recovery Long Tights for at least 3-5 hours post-run. If you can leave them on for longer, do it!
– Improve your performance, in bed. Wear your Travel & Recovery Long Tights during sleep.
– If you’re unable to get your Travel & Recovery Long Tights on straight away (post-run) use your Calf Tights or Socks until you can wear your Long Tights.
– Wear your Arm Sleeves for 3-5 hours post-run.
– When travelling to and from competition wear your Travel & Recovery Long Tights AND your Arm Sleeves.
– If it’s not practical to wear your Travel & Recovery Long Tights, put on your Calf Tights or Socks.