If you want to drill down into the science, be our guest and read below. If you also want to stay informed of the latest research and studies as they come out then please sign up to our newsletter.
Key Research Studies
SKINS increase endurance performance
- Do graduated compression garments improve field-hockey skill performance and repeated sprint ability following an intermittent endurance test?
Heath, J. (2008)
University of Chester.Unpublished
- Effect of lower body compression garments on submaximal and maximal running performance in cold (10 degrees C) and hot (32 degrees C) environments.
Goh, S. S., Laursen, P. B., Dascombe, B. & Nosaka, K. (2071)
EurJ Appi Physiol, 111,879-26
- The Influence of lower body compression clothing on markers of running economy during submaximal treadmill running.
Bakken, B (2011)
Montana State University. Unpublished
- The effects of whole-body compression garments on prolonged high-intensity intermittent exercise. Sear, J.H., Scanlon, A., Abt, G and Dascombe, B. (2070)
Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 24 (7), 7907-7 970
- Effects of wearing compression garments on physiological and performance measures in a simulated game-specific circuit for netball.
Higgins, T., Naughton, G.A. and Burgess, D. (2009)
Journal of Science and Medicine in Spoil, 72, 223-226
SKINS Running economy
- The Influence of SKINS A400 Lower Body Compression Garments on Running and Neuromuscular Performance
- McManus, C., Murray, K. and Morgan, N. (2017)
- Human Performance Unit, The University of Essex
SKINS help to increase power
- The effects of wearing lower-body compression garments during endurance cycling.
- Scanlan, A., Dascombe, B., Reaburn, P. and Osbourne, M. (2008)
International Journal of Sports Physiology, 3 (4)
- The effect of graduated compression garments (SKINSTM) on perceived leg pain, leg power and alertness following elite AFL matches.
Lambert, S., Dongas, F., Parsons, B. & Turner, G. 2006
Journal of science and medicine in spoil! Spoils Medicine Australia, 9, 18
- The effects of SkinsTM compression garments on upper body strength. Lambert, S. & Dongas, F. 2006
Journal of science and medicine in sport / Spoils Medicine Australia, 9, 8
SKINS helps to reduce the risk of injury and speed up the recovery process
- Compression garments and recovery from eccentric exercise: A P-MRS study. Trenell, M.l., Rooney, K.B., Sue, C.M. and Thompson, C.H. (2006)
Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 5, 1 06-1 14
- Effectiveness of post-match recovery strategies in rugby players. Gill, ND., Beaven, C.M. and Cook, C. (2006)
British Journal of Sports Medicine, 40, 260-263
- Efficacy of lower limb compression and combined treatment of manual massage and lower limb compression on symptoms of exercise induced muscle damage in women.
Jakeman, JR., Byrne, C. and Eston, R.G. (2010)
Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 24 (11), 3157-3165
- The effects of compression garments on intermittent exercise performance and recovery on consecutive days.
Duffield, R., Edge, J., Merrells, R., Hawke, E., Barnes, M., Simcock, D. & Gill, N. (2008)
Int J Sports Physiol Perform, 3, 454-68
- Comparison of three types of full body compression garments on throwing and repeat sprint performance in cricket players.
Duffield, R. and Portus, M. (2007)
British Journal of Sports Medicine, 41, 409-414
- Effects of wearing graduated compression garment during eccentric exercise. Webb EC & Willems MET
Medicina Sportiva 14 (4): 193-198, 2010. doi: 10.2478/v10036-010-0031-4
SKINS help to improve subsequent performance in strength, power and endurance activities
- Positive effect of lower body compression garments on subsequent 40-km cycling time trial performance.
- De Glanville, K.M. and Hamilin, M.J. (2011)
Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 26 (2), 480-486
- Lower limb compression garment improves recovery from exercise-induced muscle damage in young, active females.
Jakeman, J.R., Byrne, C. and Eston, R.G. (2010)
- European Journal of Applied Physiology, 109 (6), 1137-1144
SKINS facilitate a faster recovery after a long-haul flight
- A randomised, cross over, open-label study of the effectiveness of SKINS travel and recovery garments in reducing in-flight ankle oedema.
Hagan, M. & Lambert, S. 2008
Med. J. Aust, 188, 81-84
- Effect of lower-limb compression clothing on 400-rn sprint performance. Faulkner, J. A., Gleadon, D., McLaren, J. & Jakeman, J. R. 2013
J Strength Cond Res, 27, 669-76
- Effects of wearing compression garments on thermoregulation during simulated team sport activity in temperate environmental conditions.
Houghton, L. A., Dawson, B. & Maloney, S. K. (2009)
J Sci Med Sport, 12, 303-9
- Pressure and coverage effects of sporting compression garments on cardiovascular function, thermoregulatory function, and exercise performance.
Macrae, B. A., Laing, A. M., Niven, B. E. & Coffer, J. D. (2012)
EurJ AppI Physiol, 112, 1783-95
- Preliminary development of a wearable device for dynamic pressure measurement in garments. McLaren, J., Helmet, RJ.N., Home, SL. and Blanchonette, I. (2010)