SKINS COMPRESSION FOR ROAD RUNNING
When wearing SKINS during your run, it has been established that they assist in improving running economy. This means that you’ll feel more comfortable when running at tempo, and you’ll run faster and for longer – no more sluggish performances! Due to the compression in SKINS, blood flow is accelerated, which means more oxygen is delivered to active muscles helping flush away waste product build-up, AKA lactic acid, AKA the bad stuff. SKINS also help reduce muscle oscillation – the muscles’ movement caused by the vibration when the foot hits the ground. Muscle oscillation is bad because it wastes more energy and can lead to injury; SKINS wraps the muscles, stabilises them, and prevents muscle oscillation.
WHAT TO WEAR AND WHY
SERIES-3 CALF TIGHTS OR PERFORMANCE SOCKS
Support and stabilise the lower leg for reduced injury risk.
SERIES-3 LONG SLEEVE TOP OR SERIES-1 ARM SLEEVES
Increased awareness of limb placement to train for longer.
SHOP ROAD RUNNING PERFORMANCE PIECES
SKINS SERIES-3 WOMEN’S 7/8 TIGHTS BLACK
#1 RULE: RECOVERY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS PERFORMANCE.
Without recovery, there is no performance. Your muscles get broken down when you run, and if you don’t allow yourself to recover properly, you put yourself at risk of injury. Recovery is about applying the correct amount of pressure to passive muscles. This is why the graduated compression levels we apply to the working muscles with our performance garments are different from our recovery garments. These muscles need the correct compression to help the flow of oxygen, which in turn accelerates repair.
– Wear your SERIES-5 or SERIES-3 Travel & Recovery Long Tights for at least 3-5 hours post-run. If you can leave them on for longer, do it!
– Improve your performance, in bed. Wear your SERIES-5 or SERIES-3 Travel & Recovery Long Tights during sleep.
– If you’re unable to get your Travel & Recovery Long Tights on straight away (post-run) use the SERIES-3 Calf Tights or Socks until you can wear your Long Tights.
– When travelling to and from competition wear your SERIES-5 or SERIES-3 Travel & Recovery Long Tights AND your SERIES-1 Arm Sleeves.
– If it’s not practical to wear your Travel & Recovery Long Tights, put on your SERIES-3 Calf Tights or Socks.